As the vacations strategy, Americans are preparing for his or her annual journeys to have a good time with family and friends across the nation. As a consequence, journey by way of airports over Thanksgiving and Christmas is predicted to be busy. While there are a lot of ideas and tips for avoiding the chaos that comes with touring throughout peak instances, some of the efficient is avoiding the chaos altogether.
While you might be able to drive to your vacation spot, that isn’t possible for each traveler. If you may’t drive, nevertheless, you might be able to save your self a headache by selecting a unique airport to fly into or out of.
But Luckily, InsureMyTrip has researched which airports are the almost definitely candidates for poor efficiency over the vacation season. By analyzing information from 2019 to 2021, the journey insurance coverage firm was capable of give you an inventory of the highest 10 airports Americans ought to keep away from over the vacations to evade flight delays and cancellations. Below we’ve listed every with their probability of delay. If there are any various airports close by, excluding native airports, we’ve highlighted these as nicely.
10) Gerald R. Ford International (GRR) | Grand Rapids, MI
- Chance Of Delay: 18.7%
- Nearest Airport: Capital Region International Airport (LAN) in Lansing, MI – 62 miles from Grand Rapids, MI
9) Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International | Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Chance Of Delay: 19.2%
- Nearest Airport: Miami International Airport (MIA) in Miami, FL – 35 miles from Fort Lauderdale, FL
8) San Francisco International | San Francisco, CA
- Chance Of Delay: 19.3%
- Nearest Airport: Oakland International Airport (MIA) in Oakland, CA – 21 miles from San Francisco, CA
Top 5 Travel Insurance Plans For 2023 Starting At $10 Per Week
7) Hollywood Burbank (BUR) (Also Called Bob Hope Airport) | Burbank, CA
- Chance Of Delay: 19.5%
- Nearest Airport: Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) in Los Angeles, CA – 29 miles from Burbank, CA
6) El Paso International (ELP) | El Paso, TX
- Chance Of Delay: 19.7%
- Nearest Airport: Technically, the closest airport is throughout the border and is Abraham González International Airport (CJS) in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico – 11 miles from El Paso. However, crossing into Mexico to catch a flight could include its personal inconveniences.
5) Nashville International (BNA)| Nashville, TN
- Chance Of Delay: 19.8%
- Nearest Airport: Huntsville International Airport (HSV) in Huntsville, AL – 124 miles from Nashville, TN
4) Luis Munoz Marin International (SJU)| San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Chance Of Delay: 21.1%
- Nearest Airport: Antonio Rivera Rodríguez Airport (VQS) in Vieques, Puerto Rico – 60 miles from San Juan, Puerto Rico.
3) Palm Beach International (PBI)| West Palm Beach, FL
- Chance Of Delay: 21.7%
- Nearest Airport: FLL is the closest airport (51 miles away), however seeing as that’s on this high 10 record, Miami International Airport (MIA) in Miami, FL can be the following greatest guess– 75 miles from Fort Lauderdale, FL
2) Newark Liberty International (EWR)| Newark, NJ
- Chance Of Delay: 23.6%
- Nearest Airport: LaGuardia Airport (LGA) in New York, NY – 29 miles from Newark, NJ.
1) Ted Stevens Anchorage International (EWR)| Anchorage, AK
- Chance Of Delay: 27.2%
- Nearest Airport: The closest various airport is in Kenai, AK, 158 miles away, and is Kenai Municipal Airport. This might be not a possible various for many vacationers flying into or out of Anchorage.
Tips For Navigating The Holidays
While it could not all the time be potential to keep away from an airport altogether, there are a number of issues you are able to do to arrange for the enterprise of the vacations that may assist reduce your possibilities of succumbing to journey troubles. Although it’s simpler stated than accomplished, attempt to management the issues you may management and settle for the remaining.
Traveler Alert: Don’t Forget Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip!
↓ Join Our Community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the newest reopening information, conversations, and Q&A’s occurring every day!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your e mail tackle to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s newest breaking journey information, straight to your inbox
This article initially appeared on TravelOffPath.com